Saturday, May 11, 2013

Thalia Complex, Chapter 3

A/N sorry for the lack of pictures. I would go and get more but I had to uninstall one of my EP's after getting these pictures and the pictures for the next chapter and now I can't get into this save anymore, sooooo...yeah.

I called my moms the next day to talk to them, and brought up Elinthas. neither of them had ever heard much about them or ever seen them. I wished that Grandma was still alive...she surely would have known all about them.

But instead of staying in the past, I decided to make up for misjudging Duncan.























I was nervous at first. Duncan really was kind of mysterious, and if he had realized that I had been judging him, he might not want to talk to me. Or he might just not like me. I just couldn't tell, from far away. One day when he was over, he joined me while I was watching a TV show called Sherlock. I had heard about it a while ago, but had never bothered watching it, until I was flipping through channels and saw that it was about to start.

When the first commercial break came on, I decided to break the silence, "Have you seen this show before?"

"Just this episode, but that was a while ago," he shrugged, "it was really good. Definitely worth watching again. How about you?"

"This is my first time seeing it. It's pretty good so far, though!"

He nodded and smiled. With just that smile, he made most of my nerves melt away. I was no longer afraid, by any means. I smiled back at him, noticing that Orange may have been a little right. He was...um...pretty good looking. But I knew I could never mention that to her, or she'd immediately--what did she call it, shipping, or something?--she'd immediately 'ship' us together.

She explained it to me, one day after I asked her what song she was playing. It was a song from some TV show she loved, and then as we talked about the show she told me how she shipped two characters together, then explained that shipping was when you thought two characters or people should be in a relationship.

Anyway, I can't tell her that I think he's cute, or she'll ship us, and that obviously can't happen. As we continued talking, he told me a bit about this girl at home, named Allegra. He didn't mention if they were dating or whatever, but it was a possibility and I was not going to ruin that relationship or anything. Besides, thinking somebody is cute and having a crush on them are entirely different. I do not like him as more than a friend.

Over the next month, we got really close. We found out that Sherlock had six episodes, and started watching them all together. By the time we watched the last one, we were in love with the series. One night a few weeks in, Duncan and I went to see a movie. It was supposed to be a group of three, but whoever he had invited wasn't able to join us. After the movie, we went to his house to pick up his guitar then hung out at the park for a few hours. I loved listening to his music, and he even let me play and helped me improve my playing a bit.

That morning was entirely spent with Orange insisting that he had a crush on me. I just think she wishes he liked me, so that she could have an interesting story to tell people about how she 'practically set us up,' as she puts it.

Other than hanging with Duncan, his roommates, and my own roommates, and getting over embarrassing myself, I mostly spent my time working on my art. I had a difficult time choosing what I wanted to do, so I chose the one concentration that would allow me to do a little bit of everything; I was going to become an art teacher!


In our spare time, Duncan, Orange, and I have a little band going. It's not official or anything, and we don't plan on continuing past high school, but we all love playing together. Orange would play guitar with me as well as sing, and Duncan sung and played the keyboard. I would play guitar with Orange, but I refused to sing. It's one of our favorite things to do in our spare time.

-------------------

Our first year passed quickly, with the eight of us all near the top of our particular studies. Near the end of the year, we were all asked if we wanted to leave our dorm or stay with the same group of people, and each of us chose to stay in our buildings with each other.

Duncan and I had become close friends, usually hanging out several times a week. Orange continued insisting that he liked me, and even convinced Rad of it.



The worst part, though, was that I had started really hoping that they were right.

A/N Recognitions for this chapter...
Orange is OPB, author of Different Rain
Rad is Rad, author of Taken
and Duncan is from generation 5 of Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss by StyxLady.

2 comments: