Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Thalia Complex, Prologue


"Let her leave!" Lavender said as she revealed herself from her spot at the top of the stairs.

"Yeah! Our room is too crowded anyway. We need space!" Violet agreed, running down after her twin.

"Girls, it's more complicated than that," Momma told them.

"Momma doesn't want our oldest daughter going away so soon," Mimi explained.

 "But I'm not happy here!" I cried out, "And you can't use money as an excuse anymore! I got the full scholarship, they really think I'm going to do well at the school, and I want to go!"

I was angry. So angry that I had started crying. It was infuriating! Momma just didn't understand, I hate it here. I'll be happy when I'm away from this big stupid family!

"I'm sorry honey, but it's a hard choice. especially when you're still so young!"

"Momma," I rolled my eyes, "I'm fifteen!"

 "That's still so young..."

"Willow," Mimi whispered, "I think we need to talk about this alone. Why don't we head to our room?"

Mimi pulled Momma off the sofa and tugged her upstairs. Lavender and Violet followed them up the stairs. I heard Mimi tell them to head upstairs, and not to eavesdrop.

The house was quiet, Juniper, the oldest of my younger siblings and the first adopted one, was at a birthday party for a friend, Huckleberry and Ginger Rue were napping.


I should have waited patiently, maybe watched some TV or painted something, while my moms were talking, but I had to know what they were saying. I headed to the dining room and pulled a chair to the wall right under the air vent.

I stood on it, crossing one foot over the other as I leaned into the wall, getting as close to the air vent as possible.

"Amber, I know I should let her go...but she's my baby! I love all of my children, each of them are special, but..."

"She's the one you gave birth to. I understand, but do you remember what you told me?"

"I need to let her go so she can grow...I know...but..."

"Please. For her, let her go. Let her be happy."

I stood another moment before hearing them take steps away from their room. I panicked, and after quickly putting the chair back, I ran to the bathroom. After a few minutes, I flushed the toilet and washed my hands. I went back into the living room and tried to contain my excitement.

"Sit down, please," Mimi said.

I sat where I had before, and waited. Momma took a deep breath and told me to accept my invitation to attend. I smiled and eeped in excitement, hugging them both and telling them I loved them before running to my room.

I bounced around in my room for a bit. It was just too exciting. My dreams were coming true, I couldn't believe it. I was going to be a student at Twinbrook's Academy of Art; the top art boarding school in the country, maybe even the world! I'll finally be far enough away that my family can't bother me all the time!

After I had calmed down enough, I called and got the information of when I would be moving into the dorms. I couldn't get over it, I was actually going.

I couldn't stop thinking about how my Momma and Mimi wouldn't be able to stop in every day or so and bother me. Don't get me wrong; I love my family, all three of my sisters and both brothers and both of my moms. But our house isn't that big. It's not small by any means, but there's only three bedrooms. My room wasn't small, but it most definitely wasn't big enough for three girls, and soon four, once Ginger Rue was old enough. It was too stuffy for me.

Not to mention, with so many kids around, it's impossible to have anything nice.

I'm SO glad to be going. I'm going to have my own space, an entire room just for me, and it's going to be amazing.

2 comments:

  1. I can see how she feels. All the Sims are starting to get confusing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there are a lot of them now! I don't know if it'll get much easier once she moves into the dorm though...

      Delete